Service Directory

A list of links to services that you maty find useful.

Beating Addictions. Information about a range of addictive behaviours and treatments.

DrugWise. Information about drugs, alcohol and tobacco.

Alcoholics Anonymous (AA). Help and support for anyone with alcohol problems.
0800 9177 650
[email protected] (email helpline)

SMART. Helping individuals recover from any addictive behaviour and lead meaningful & satisfying lives; using a science-based therapeutic programme of training.

Alcohol Change UK. Information and support options for people worried about how much alcohol they are drinking, in both English and Welsh.

Club Drug Clinic. Information and support for people worried about their use of recreational drugs. The clinic offers help in the London boroughs of Kensington & Chelsea, Hammersmith & Fulham and Westminster.
020 3317 3000

Cocaine Anonymous UK. Help and support for anyone who wants to stop using cocaine.
0800 612 0225
[email protected]

DAN 24/7. A bilingual English and Welsh helpline for anyone in Wales in need of further information or help relating to drugs or alcohol. Also known as the Wales Drug & Alcohol Helpline.
0808 808 2234
81066 (text DAN)

Gamcare. Information and support for people who want to stop gambling, including a helpline and online forum.
0808 8020 133

Marijuana Anonymous. Help for anyone worried about cannabis use.
0300 124 0373
[email protected]

Narcotics Anonymous. Support for anyone who wants to stop using drugs.
300 999 1212

Release. National charity that offers free and confidential advice about drugs and the law.
020 7324 2989
[email protected] (email helpline)

Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous. Support groups for people with sex and love addictions.
07984 977 884 (Infoline)

Turning Point. Health and social care services in England for people with a learning disability. Also supports people with mental health problems, drug and alcohol abuse or unemployment.

We Are With You. Supports people with drug, alcohol or mental health problems, and their friends and family.

Al-Anon. for the families & friends of people addicted to alcohol who share their experience, strength, & hope in order to solve their common problems.

Adfam. Information and support for friends and family of people with drug or alcohol problems.

Bereaved through Alcohol and Drugs (BEAD). Information and support for anyone bereaved through drug or alcohol use.

Families Anonymous. Support for friends and family of people with drug problems.
0207 4984 680

National Association for Children of Alcoholics. Provides information, advice and support for anyone affected by a parent's drinking, including adults.
0800 358 3456
[email protected]

Talk to Frank. seek information and/or advice about drugs.

Beat. UK’s eating disorder charity. The National Helpline exists to encourage and empower people to get help quickly, because we know the sooner someone starts treatment, the greater their chance of recovery. People can contact them online or by phone 365 days a year.

Rape & Sexual Assault Services. Type in your postcode / local area postcode and find the closest support services to your location.

Samaritans. To talk about anything that is upsetting you, you can contact Samaritans 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You can call 116 123 (free from any phone), email [email protected] or visit some branches in person. You can also call the Samaritans Welsh Language Line on 0808 164 0123 (7pm–11pm every day).

SANEline. If you're experiencing a mental health problem or supporting someone else, you can call SANEline on 0300 304 7000 (4.30pm–10.30pm every day).

Papyrus HOPELINEUK. If you're under 35 and struggling with suicidal feelings, or concerned about a young person who might be struggling, you can call Papyrus HOPELINEUK on 0800 068 4141 (weekdays 10am-10pm, weekends 2pm-10pm and bank holidays 2pm–10pm), email [email protected] or text 07786 209 697.

Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM). If you identify as male, you can call the Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) on 0800 58 58 58 (5pm–midnight every day) or use their webchat service.

Nightline. If you're a student, you can look on the Nightline website to see if your university or college offers a night-time listening service. Nightline phone operators are all students too.

Switchboard. If you identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender, you can call Switchboard on 0300 330 0630 (10am–10pm every day), email [email protected] or use their webchat service. Phone operators all identify as LGBT+.

C.A.L.L. If you live in Wales, you can call the Community Advice and Listening Line (C.A.L.L.) on 0800 132 737 (open 24/7) or you can text 'help' followed by a question to 81066.

Ask for an urgent GP appointment or call 111. 111 can tell you the right place to get help if you need to see someone. Go to or call 111.

If you or someone you know needs immediate help, has seriously harmed themselves or is in a mental health emergency, call 999.